Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer fun!

We have had a busy, fun summer. I thought with Brooklyn being out of school it would be rough but we have been so busy it has been really fun. Both of the girls are doing swim lessons on 2 different days, we have had playgroups and have been going to Gymboree for the sibling class. There is barely a day that is open. I also have been taking them to Adventure Kids Playcare and that has been awesome for me! I feel so refreshed after a couple of hours running errands by myself. I love when I go pick them up.

Laird and I had a getaway to the Hyatt Lost pines and it was great! It is great kid place so we will take our kids in the future but there were other couples by themselves also. The girls were in good hands with Nonna, Poppy and Aunt Vivi. Then Laird took the rest of the week off and we went to the pool several times. Brooklyn is loving the water this year!

We also went to Great Wolf Lodge for the 4th with the Fannings and Martins. I highly recommend it. Brooklyn had a blast and they even had some fun slides for us. It was the first trip that did not seem like as much work. Brooklyn slept in a regular bed. It gives me hope that we can travel with them and they can sleep in a regular bed.

I also went to Houston one weekend to stay with my dad after his first round of chemo. Dad has been staying with Katie during his chemo in Houston. Katie has been busy and his "nurse" as well as take care of her 2 kids and work on the weekends. I am going again for his next treatment on August 9th to be with Dad. Please keep my Dad in your prayers and also Katie to be able to manage everything. She is doing a great job!

Katie, Miller and Finn are coming for a week to stay and play and then Brooklyn turns 3 on the 27th. Stay tuned for these pics!




Girls were so excited when we first got to Great Wolf Lodge (playing on the bed)



Kind of blurry pic (camera was not working right)





<

No comments: